Total Pageviews

Andrew Crane



Artist statement
I love the abstract nature of number and letterform when stripped back to their symbolic/energetic origin. For me, numbers as quantitative animals are only useful as they relate to the Whole...or as a way of expressing the infinite...or as a way of tricking the mind out of its addictive nature. My endeavour is to use the convincingly 'real' and familiar language of word and number, in such a way as to point towards a whole new and infinitely more fulfilling reality – one that has of course, been staring me in the face! I like the ideas that these pieces are visual koans*.

* Koan – a paradoxical question to a student for which the answer is demanded, the stress of meditating on the question often being illuminating.







Andrew Crane is based in Haydon Bridge, North East.
-
More at Le Zèbre Blue
-

No comments:

-