Total Pageviews

Rosemarie Fiore



Rosemarie Fiore was born in New York State and lives and works in New York City.













''.. My firework drawings are created by containing and controlling firework explosions. I bomb blank sheets of paper with different fireworks including color smoke bombs, jumping jacks, monster balls, fountains, magic whips, spinning carnations, ground blooms, rings of fire, and lasers. As I work, I create imagery by controlling the chaotic nature of the explosions in upside-down containers. When the paper becomes saturated in color, dark and burned, I take it back to my studio and collage blank paper circles onto the image to establish new planes and open up the composition. I then continue to bomb the pieces. These actions are repeated a number of times. The final works contain many layers of collaged explosions and are thick and heavy.

Images and more info can be found at:
http://www.rosemariefiore.com/pages.php?content=gallery.php&navGallID=14
The work found in this section was from the recent solo exhibition "Pyrotechnics" Firework Drawings at Priska Juschka Fine Art, 547 West 27th Street NY, NY April 2- May 16, 2009..''
.

Submitted by:
Rosemarie Fiore \\\

No comments:

-