Total Pageviews

Roger Weiss



''I think that society creates and destroys models in the interest of a few. It’s our responsibility, as artists, to find or create alternatives''.







I was born in Switzerland, where at an early age I began experimenting with photography. I graduated with excellence from the Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan, Italy. My curiosity of the human form lead me to approach photography artistically. This artistic approach continues to inform my work, including my fashion photography.

I am inspired when I encounter passionate people; their ability to belong to the moment when our sensory receptors are amplified. Photographically speaking, this is the moment when I act, the time when pupils dilate and I can get closer to my subject. “The pleasure in seeing is like spring which feeds into a summer of deeper understanding, the possibility TO BE together with others.”

I disguise myself completely behind the “machine”—the camera. This is where I derive my strength. In a sense, I am in each of my pictures, literally there in the picture hiding. It’s a way of surpassing my limits, my reality, in an instant without mediation.

My point of view as an artist? I think that society creates and destroys models in the interest of a few. It’s our responsibility, as artists, to find or create alternatives.
-
Source
Roger Weiss

No comments:

-